Most Comfortable mouth guard?
The Denta-Gard® Kid’s Comfort PRO™ is designed to be the most comfortable and protective mouth guard on the market. The information below will permit you to make an informed decision. We are confident you will determine that the Kid’s Comfort PRO™ is the most comfortable and the best for oral protection.
There are many facts and features that will distinguish the Kid’s Comfort PRO™ from other mouth guards. Choosing a comfortable mouth guard can be confusing. Our goal is to clarify some of the differences between mouth guards so you can make the right choice for yourself or others you are eager to protect.
The Denta-Gard® Kid’s Comfort PRO™ is the best and most comfortable mouth guard due to:
- Worn over dental braces – Does not counteract an orthodontist’s technically and precisely planned movement. Therefore, preserving corrections and adjustments your orthodontist has scheduled.
- Concussion reduction – This is an important, but controversial subject. There are no clinical trials to support the statement that a comfortable mouth guard will protect against concussions. One theory is that a mouth guard should dissipate and/or absorb the force of an upward blow to the jaw. It should be approximately 4mm in thickness on the occlusal surface. The Kid’s Comfort PRO™ has these properties. In addition, cushioning between upper and lower teeth can be effective at reducing the incidence or severity of concussions.
- Protects both upper and lower teeth – Why wear a mouth guard that only protects half of your teeth? The unique design protects both upper and lower teeth at the same time.
- Allows open mouth breathing – As a result of the natural spring hinge on the Kid’s Comfort PRO™ mouth guard allows open mouth breathing and understandable speech.
- Comfortable to wear – Soft and pliable, yet strong and tough. Comfortable to wear. Athletes tend to wear it more consistently than other mouth guards.
- Virtually indestructible -Athletes tend to chew down the ends of commonly used hard plastic mouth guards, as a result, coaches and trainers are unable to determine if the guard is now offering protection. Virtually impossible to chew through. Because of its comfort, most are not tempted to remove it intermittently and therefore do not even try to chew it.
- Latex and BPA free
- Made in the USA – With FDA-approved materials.
The Denta-Gard® Kid’s Comfort PRO™ does not fall into the standard three mouth guard category types listed below:
- Stock mouth guards: Inexpensive and usually purchased at most sporting goods stores. In most cases, you can not wear this mouth guard with braces. They only cover the upper teeth and are usually bulky and make breathing difficult. They provide very little to no protection. Therefore, dentists typically do not recommend their use.
- Boil and bite mouth guard: Can be purchased inexpensively at most sporting goods stores. Made of a thermoplastic material that you place in boiling water, then shape around teeth with your fingers. In most cases can not be worn with braces. Covers the upper teeth only and is usually bulky and uncomfortable. kids tend to chew the ends down which eliminates any cushioning benefit.
- Custom-fit mouth guard: Typically cost $300.00 and up, expensive and purchased from your Dentist. In order to protect both upper and lower teeth, you will need to purchase two custom-fit guards.
We invite you to browse our website to learn about using the most comfortable mouth guard, the Denta-Gard® Kid’s Comfort PRO™.